So last night I was at loose ends...and today when I sat down to write about it something made me think that I'd been here before. Literally. It just felt all too familiar. Right down to the timing in the year and in my training. And the feelings...they were the same, too.
What were the clues? Well, last week I:
- missed alarms (twice!)
- had a small cryfest (only 1!)
- almost ran out of patience (more than twice...)
- laughed and joked a lot (too many times to count)
- promised myself I would sleep more (daily if not multiple times daily)
- chugged water + Emergen-C because I felt like I was getting run down (again...daily)
- stressed about AP exams (daily)
- felt great about my IM training and worried about my IM training (daily? maybe not quite daily...on many days, I was "going through the motions")
And as I sat down to think about this, I thought to myself: "Didn't you feel this way last year at this time?" Guess what...it's EXACTLY what I was feeling this time last year. Seriously, almost to the date (thank goodness for blogs where we've recorded such things!). Definitely around this time of APs at school and at this point of IM training. Maybe it's the combination of intense exercise + end of year mania that gets the better of me after a while.
Is it a self-fulfilling prophecy or just that time of year? I think the latter.
A blessing or a curse to be so predictable? I think both.
All I know is that if I'm this good at spotting trends in my life and if, with a quick look at history, I could have predicted this, maybe I should try my hand at meteorology!
No comments:
Post a Comment