I figured that I needed to expand upon this title (created last week) before Dean tosses another gem my way in yoga this afternoon. Wonder if he knows that I've come to expect greatness from him in that class?! I realize it's sort of an unfair expectation but he keeps tossing goodness our way so I've come to expect/depend on it. And look forward to it. The depth of it. The simplicity of it. The relevance of it.
Last week he talked about how he used to teach elementary schools. Specifically, he talked about how he would teach students to say longer words. By breaking them up in to smaller words. And he shared a story of this with the word nowhere. He pointed out that depending on how you break it up, it can look very different.
no.where
now.here
Ah. Yes.
And then he went on to say, "Think about it, do you want to be no.where? Or do you want to be now.here?"
The answer in yoga class was a resounding leap of my heart and mind - now.here...please! I don't want to be no.where. I don't want to be any.where else but here.
And as I thought about carrying this yoga "mantras" out into my life I reflected that if I'm not now.here then I really am no.where. Which is a pretty strong case for continuing to strive for being present. Being in the moment. Literally being now.here.
No comments:
Post a Comment