Random acts of kindness..yes, they do exist. I've always believed this, but I've never had a story of my own to share. One of those true "a perfect stranger did this" story. Until today. It was simple. It was thoughtful. It was a total surprise. And it is one of those things that I've tucked away in my "this restores my faith in humanity" file - which is wonderfully full these days.
After a lovely morning of an airport run, a yoga class, some grocery shopping, and on my way to the car wash, more errands, cooking, and a little work on my plants (namely some long-awaited re-potting), I was returning a movie and turning back toward my car when a woman walked up to me with these flowers. She said, "Excuse me. I know this is really random but someone just gave me these flowers and I'm leaving town and really can't take them. Would you like them?" I tried to look more grateful than stunned. What a lovely gesture. Small to be sure, but lovely all the same. May the holidays bring generous surprises to one and all.
No comments:
Post a Comment