just some thoughts all about the ways in which life continues to surprise me. in BIG ways and in small ways as well. reflections that remind me that we're always changing and growing...hopefully for the better! and perhaps it's also a reminder that there are some very sweet things, special people, wonderful places, and memorable moments in all of our lives...sometimes we just need to slow down to take it all in. and give thanks.
Monday, July 8, 2013
happy birthday, Gran!
Can you wish someone in heaven "happy birthday"? I like to think so! I also like to think that she's having the biggest birthday bash ever with Granddaddy and so many others who were part of her welcome parade last September. Welcome parade?! Sure...why not?! I mean they'd been waiting a loooooooooooong time for her to get there. Granddaddy had been there 25 years before Gran joined him. And her parents...and younger sister who died too young. And, and, and... You see, the way I look at it, Gran's having the best birthday ever. With wine and Goldfish and collard greens and lump crabmeat. Finished off with some ice cream sundaes with brownies on top. And all of her friends and loved ones who preceded her in death. And no more walker or cane or other troubles of this world. Yep. She's in heaven. Literally and figuratively. And the only thing that isn't "just right" is that I couldn't pick up the phone and hear her sweet voice today to wish her "happy birthday". So in my prayers and in my thoughts and in my blog post today, I shall do it. Big love to you, Gran...you're 96 years young and getting younger each day! Raising my glass of chardonnay to you and sending a hug across the space between heaven and earth...trusting it will reach you. I love you still and always will.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment