just some thoughts all about the ways in which life continues to surprise me. in BIG ways and in small ways as well. reflections that remind me that we're always changing and growing...hopefully for the better! and perhaps it's also a reminder that there are some very sweet things, special people, wonderful places, and memorable moments in all of our lives...sometimes we just need to slow down to take it all in. and give thanks.
Sunday, January 5, 2014
a bowl of abundance
I've written before how I'm a little obsessed with bowls. And eating my meals out of bowls. Which happens to be perfect when so many of your meals are soups (fall and winter), salads (spring and summer), or mixes of veggies and a grain. Or at least I think it's perfect. And evidently, I'm not the only one. I happened upon this blog that mentioned a "winter abundance bowl" (pictured at the right...from the same website...my picture did not look appetizing...and it was delicious!) and, of course, I had to try it. I loved the name first - the idea of a bowl of abundance, which is how I feel about every meal that I eat out of a bowl. And then I loved the ingredients - broccoli, brown rice, lentils, sweet potato, purple cabbage (which I happened to have from my farmshare...it was meant to be!!). You literally make the entire dish in one pot - love that, too. And just when I thought that was enough goodness, I read the final part of the dish - an amazing garlic-ginger pumpkin seed sauce. I was a bit skeptical but OH MY GOSH. It is delicious...and way too much for this one dish. Which also seems just right so that I can have some left over. It is indeed a warm bowl of abundance of all sorts on what is going to be a very chilly night in Austin - where again, I'm blessed with the abundance of heat, a warm place to lay my head, and a full belly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment