GREASE MONKEY WIPES!!!I could have actually been endorsing Grease Monkey Wipes (GMW from here on our for ease of typing) months ago when I first learned about them from my friend and training buddy Erin who happens to be a co-founder of GMW. They are these awesome citrus oil wipes that take any grease or grime right off of your hands...or arms...or calves...or all of the other places that cyclists tend to be get grease. I can only imagine what wonders they would do at a garage! Anyway, they are packaged in individual packets so you can easily take one or two with you on a long (or short) bike ride in the event that you find yourself covered in grease after changing a tire or picking up a dropped chain or general clumsiness (I can sometimes get grease on me just by looking at my bike!). Use one of these and you won't have to finish out the ride all dirty. I'm not sure why being/feeling clean and grease-free is that big of a deal given that, as athletes, we're often sweaty and dirty beyond belief on the bike. But there's just something nice about changing your tire and then being able to finish out your ride without your fingers sticking together with the grease.
Erin and Tim (her business partner) have been working their tales off since 2008 to promote their awesome product. In Austin and beyond, GMW products have been picked up by stores in such places as Florida, Massachusetts, and Oregon...just to name a few. But I have a feeling that is all about to change.
Tim and Erin were just on Shark Tank - a reality TV show where investors hear/see sales pitches and then decide whether or not they are going to invest in the company. And, well, Erin and Tim rocked. Totally stole the show on Friday night and actually got TWO investors. This is HUGE. And it was SO much fun to watch with a big group of GMW lovers. If you missed the show, click here to see a re-run. And look here for a cool article.
What does this mean for Erin and Tim...well, the press from something like this is incredible, the support of investors invaluable, and the possibilities ahead of them unbelievable! I can't imagine how Erin and Tim are feeling...probably some combination of all sorts of excited, overwhelmed, nervous, and in disbelief. I hope they also felt ALL of the love that surrounded them on Friday night when we were watching the show.
You see, in my opinion, the really cool thing about GMW becoming a BIG deal is that Erin and Tim are wonderful people. You read all the time about "bad things happening to good people" and this is just the opposite. It's a story of a "good thing happening to good people." I don't know Tim, but I can easily say that Erin is one of the most down-to-earth, confident but humble, personable, joyful, generous, uplifting, and courageous people I know. Talk about someone who lives life to the fullest...Erin lives life to overflowing! So glad that our triathlon passion gave us an initial reason to be friends...feel even more lucky that our friendship has extended beyond practices and races. Always on to another project, always reminding me to embrace whatever life throws my way by the way she lives her, always encouraging me to be a little more of a risk-taker than I would normally be... Are you starting to see what it's extra cool that GMW did SO well on Shark Tank?! (Oh, and on top of everything else that she does...Erin is perhaps the only person - or at least one of very few people - who I think reads my blog every day...bless her patience!)
So...today, my blog is nothing about me and everything about GMW. Hip, hip, hooray for a sales pitch well-delivered, for a couple of big investors, and for a very bright future! Go Erin and Tim!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment