Thursday, July 15, 2010

latest reason...

...why you don't want me to get you a rental car:No offense to any Cube drivers but this is not exactly what I was expecting when I asked for a standard car (or a compact car...can't remember which).
And to add to the humor...just what every car needs on its dashboard:Guess Nissan thought this added that "je ne sais quoi" quality to the car.
"Je ne sais quoi" is right...quite literally "I don't know what would have ever possessed a designer to add this to a car?!" I have four days with it to figure it out.

6 comments:

reyacono said...

It looks like a cartoon car. Or a car that a little kid would draw.

Is that a tuft of dashboard hair? Is it supposed to park your phone or something? Weird.

remaustin said...

Beck1221, that's my line. :)
Seriously, what is that furry thing? In case you want to polish your shoes in the car?
It's like chia-car.

etg said...

ha! I'm calling it the chia cube:) I have yet to discover its purpose. It is not a pothole detector on these bumpy streets of New Orleans. I've established that!

Amy said...

Mystifying. Is this the same car that has that funky wraparound back window.. on one side?

Unknown said...

It's a shag dash topper.

Everything is better with shag.

etg said...

Even though everything IS better with shag - thank you for reminding me of that, Gordon - I have returned the cube to its rental car company owners. Wrap-around back windshield and all, Amy. Will be glad to get back to my car :)