Because today is Gran's 93rd birthday, and, well, that just seems a little more important to me than finishing up a race report!Three years ago when we celebrated Gran's 90th birthday with a festive birthday bash down in the French Quarter (apparently you don't get too old for the French Quarter!), I gave her a shadow box full of momentos of her life - a pressed daisy (because she loves them best of all flowers), a pink foam curler (because she goes to the beauty parlor more than anyone I know), a stamp (because she always gives me stamps at Christmas), an Ole Miss sticker (because she was Miss Ole Miss and grew up in Laurel), etc... She loves that silly little shadow box that's packed with a bunch of stickers and remembrances and lots of love. But I think what she loved more was the message that went with it. So on your birthday, Gran, I'll re-send it to you (I've just updated the years!).
Perhaps when I'm 93...
I will understand your secrets of friendship and family
I will possess the grace and style that have always been your trademarks
I will have lived a life as rich as the one you've created for yourself
My mind will be as sharp and inquisitive as yours
I will still be blessed with an enthusiasm for life like yours
I'll still be drinking wine, taking bubble baths, and enjoying life the way that you do
I will know the wisdom that is yours when it comes to letting things go and refusing to give in
I will have a granddaughter to love as much as you've loved me - unconditionally, unselfishly, and steadfastly
Perhaps when I'm 93...
I will have the right words to tell you how much I love you.
I have been so blessed to have you as my Gran and to know your love. Happy, happy birthday, Gran...and here's to many more!
I will understand your secrets of friendship and family
I will possess the grace and style that have always been your trademarks
I will have lived a life as rich as the one you've created for yourself
My mind will be as sharp and inquisitive as yours
I will still be blessed with an enthusiasm for life like yours
I'll still be drinking wine, taking bubble baths, and enjoying life the way that you do
I will know the wisdom that is yours when it comes to letting things go and refusing to give in
I will have a granddaughter to love as much as you've loved me - unconditionally, unselfishly, and steadfastly
Perhaps when I'm 93...
I will have the right words to tell you how much I love you.
I have been so blessed to have you as my Gran and to know your love. Happy, happy birthday, Gran...and here's to many more!
1 comment:
Happy birthday Gran!!!! :)
Post a Comment