The season of light! Of revelation! I'm ready! (I know, technically, Epiphany was two days ago but I'm just now writing about it...)The more I learn about this season, the more I think that the things that I associate with it are a bit curious. After all, it's the time when (according to tales of old) the magi came to visit baby Jesus. How many magi? We don't really know. Songs tell us it was three (Kings of Orient, that is). Some versions of the story mention three gifts (gold, frankincense, and myrrh) so maybe we assume that each gift came from a different person. Bottom line, there is a lot of mystery around the season. And yet, we've come to use the term (and think of the term) 'epiphany' as something that becomes known to us. Something that is revealed to us. See...kind of odd, right? In the season with a story with so many unanswered questions, things are revealed to us? Maybe that's actually the point. That we can find things in the darkness. That things can be revealed even while mystery remains. For me, it's the season where I remember to let light in. In the form of love and possibilities. In the form of change and trust in the unknown. In the form of trying new things and walking into the darkness...on the other side of which I know there to be light. And before I get there, knowing that I have just enough light for the journey...if I take it step by step. (So contrary to my nature sometimes!)
This weekend held many little slivers of light for me: a run, some yoga (including 5 minutes of inversions! A headstand against the wall for me), time with friends, Salt Lick (yum! protein quota for the week?!), sleep, football, bragging about SAS, cooking/baking, cleaning, time outside in the glorious weather, reading, and sitting. Yes, I do love just sitting. (That might be a revelation for you!)
So as we travel through this season, may your season of light be just that - LIGHT! Revealing, freeing, reminding us of trust and comfort even in the dark of winter. It's the season that makes me want to say "yes, I believe!" (In what? In SO many things.)
No comments:
Post a Comment