But today, I was grateful for the sun and the warmth, with just a touch of winter chill...both while I was running and while I was hiking. Grateful for completing a run longer than I've done in a year (I wasn't sure I still had it in me). Grateful for time to clean my office (I wasn't sure I'd ever see that desk again!). And most grateful for Anne's annual birthday hike. On a 'new-to-me' trail behind the Austin Nature Reserve. With kids. And other friends. And laughter and sunshine. And this cool sculpture with a brilliant blue sky as the backdrop. Just another winter day in Austin.
just some thoughts all about the ways in which life continues to surprise me. in BIG ways and in small ways as well. reflections that remind me that we're always changing and growing...hopefully for the better! and perhaps it's also a reminder that there are some very sweet things, special people, wonderful places, and memorable moments in all of our lives...sometimes we just need to slow down to take it all in. and give thanks.
Saturday, January 21, 2012
winter in Austin
It's in the 30s in the morning and the mid-70s by the afternoon. It's gray one day and bright sunshiney the next. It's a season of dressing in layers so that you can shed most of them by the afternoon only to start relayering as the sun sets. This is one of the reasons that we live in Austin. Not for the endless days of summer but for these mild winters. Although I do expect a frigid cold snap in February. It always happens that way. And I rather enjoy it!
But today, I was grateful for the sun and the warmth, with just a touch of winter chill...both while I was running and while I was hiking. Grateful for completing a run longer than I've done in a year (I wasn't sure I still had it in me). Grateful for time to clean my office (I wasn't sure I'd ever see that desk again!). And most grateful for Anne's annual birthday hike. On a 'new-to-me' trail behind the Austin Nature Reserve. With kids. And other friends. And laughter and sunshine. And this cool sculpture with a brilliant blue sky as the backdrop. Just another winter day in Austin.
But today, I was grateful for the sun and the warmth, with just a touch of winter chill...both while I was running and while I was hiking. Grateful for completing a run longer than I've done in a year (I wasn't sure I still had it in me). Grateful for time to clean my office (I wasn't sure I'd ever see that desk again!). And most grateful for Anne's annual birthday hike. On a 'new-to-me' trail behind the Austin Nature Reserve. With kids. And other friends. And laughter and sunshine. And this cool sculpture with a brilliant blue sky as the backdrop. Just another winter day in Austin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment