Sunday, January 13, 2013

sunday something

And we wonder why some people didn't recognize us cheering at 3M?! 
Nonetheless, we did see a lot of people today as we cheered friends and unknown runners alike through parts of their 13.1 mile saunter through Austin.  The weather was PERFECT.  A little more perfect for running than for spectating, but no rain and crisp air to keep everyone alert.  Oh, for perfect running days like this morning all of the time.  I was even feeling the tug of putting on a race number again.  I'd forgotten the excitement of an event like that.  The crowds running through the streets all with a common destination and many shared goals and purposes.  The spectators offerings words of encouragement and energy.  Everyone out there being healthy and able to do something like that.  Yes, I fall into that category, too.  So maybe I'll find my way back into my running groove.  Or maybe I'll settle into a walking groove.  Or swimming groove.  Or yoga groove.  Or barre/pilates class groove.  I'm all over the map right now.  But happily so...evidenced by the goofy grin on my face this morning. 

No comments: