Sunday, May 12, 2013

Sunday something

Thanks to some friends and family and books and other written sources, I've been thinking a lot about letting go of things.  Whether it's old, hurtful memories or old fantasies.  Or old habits that aren't serving me well.  Or old clothes that I never wear.  In fact, I was thinking about this on a run this weekend and as I approached a corner, I saw this little boy watching his dad work.  I loved that he was playing and joking with his dad that he was going to step in the freshly laid cement and that his dad just shook his head...trusting that each leap would, in fact, take his son OVER and not INTO the cement he was smoothing.  (He's being oddly still in this picture!)  But I also loved that the little boy was wearing a St. Andrew's t-shirt.  He has it on backwards.  It's too big for him.  I'm not sure he knows what it stands for.  But maybe he does.  Maybe he's a member of our SAS family - a young one.  (I don't think so because I looked through our pictorial directory and didn't see him.  But maybe he has an older sibling at SAS.)  Or maybe someone decided that they could let go of this shirt...and it found its way into the hands of someone who could use it more.  Maybe if we would just let things out of our hands our loads would be lighter and others' lives would be improved. And the stuff that no one needs, well, maybe the universe just takes care of those things for us. 

No comments: