
Here's the mirror image of the list of "things to START doing" from the same source - Marc and Angel's blog (where the full list is posted). Here are their ideas about things to START doing for yourself. Which has me thinking about New Year's Resolutions...which I will be formulating over the next few days. And I think this year they shall be in the positive, affirmative form. Rather than "stop eating badly", for example, I would say "start eating more veggies". Or something like that. So here's a start, thanks to Marc and Angel. - start spending time with people you enjoy, who love and appreciate you, and who encourage you to improve in healthy and exciting ways. (I'm 97% good at this...not to make it 100%...or pretty close to it!)
- start facing your problems head on (blech...I'm a constant WIP where this is concerned. I hate confrontation. But I'm working on it! And getting more comfortable with it!)
- start being honest with yourself about everything (it's that last little bit "about everything" that is the clincher for me!)
- start making your own happiness a priority (yet another thing I'm already working it...it involves "deleting" some age-old messages that run through my mind!)
- start being yourself, genuinely and proudly (LOVE this one!!!)
- start noticing and living in the present (it's SO easy to get caught up in rehashing or lamenting the past or fantasizing or worry about the future...more difficult to simply BE in the present. Probably much more rewarding though...)
- start valuing the lessons your mistakes teach you (for me, the translation here is to make sure that you're taking enough risks to make mistakes so that you have lessons to learn)
- start being more polite to yourself (which basically means, more self-compassion)
- start creating your own happiness (enough said)
- start giving your ideas and dreams a chance (hmm...what are my current dreams?)
- start believing that you're ready for the next step (yep. So many things that will try to tell us that we're not...what if we just knew that we were?)
- start entering new relationships for the right reasons
- start forgiving yourself and others (I'm better at the latter than the former...)
- start listening to your own inner voice (which means I need to create some quiet space in my life...)
- start being attentive to your stress level and take short breaks (hmmm...notice this says "take short breaks" not "go do something to relieve it". Breaks, ETG, not stress-free activities...although those might be appropriate at times.)
- start noticing the beauty of small moments
- start accepting things when they are less than perfect (especially within me!)
- start being more open about how you feel (and, for me, focus less on how I think I should feel)
- start taking full accountability for your own life
- start actively nurturing your most important relationships
- start focusing on the possibility of positive outcomes (focus on what I want to happen rather than on what I don't want to happen!)
No comments:
Post a Comment