No...that is not me doing some new modeling gig. I wish. Not really about the modeling, but for the body! Anyway...I did get to look at the message on the front of the tank top during my yoga class yesterday. I went to my second yoga class at Breath and Body and Desirae (the owner and teacher of this particular class), was sporting this top. What a great message. And how appropriate for my day. I came back from New Orleans, where I had a lovely holiday with mom and Gran - lots of movie watching, meal prepping, walks and runs in the park, too much rich but delicious food - on Tuesday. I really wanted (needed?) one day in Austin without a single thing on the calendar. No appointments. No "must do"s. Not even any scheduled lunches or breakfasts or fun things. Just a day to say YES to whatever struck my fancy. And that is exactly what I got. SO thankful for it.
I answered my body's request for extra sleep...and then rewarded it with yoga, a run, and two walks with friends. A glorious celebration of the tail end of a cold and a glorious winter day. Days like yesterday are part of why we live in Austin. 30s-40s in the morning...mid-60s by the afternoon...BRIGHT sunshine...a crisp evening...the world felt very alive. Perhaps it was because I was able to be open to everything. I know not every day can be like that in that literally I was able to say "yes" to nearly every fun request that was tossed my way. Sleep in? YES! Morning run by the lake? YES! Yoga? YES! Coffee with a friend? YES! An afternoon walk with another friend? YES! And an evening walk with another? YES! A movie and some downtime on my couch as the sky faded to dark? YES! Lovely, lovely, lovely...
As I said, I won't be able to always say YES! to so many things in one day...but maybe if my mantra for each day is that it's going to be a YES! day then other things will follow. (I know, saying 'yes' is in some ways not my problem...I say it far more often than I say 'no' and that sometimes gets me in trouble. But I think if I remember that sometimes saying 'yes' to myself is part of the equation then I'll be open to life and open to showing up for myself, too.) So here's a big old YES to YESterday and to the idea of being a complete YES just by being and showing up in this world.
No comments:
Post a Comment