just some thoughts all about the ways in which life continues to surprise me. in BIG ways and in small ways as well. reflections that remind me that we're always changing and growing...hopefully for the better! and perhaps it's also a reminder that there are some very sweet things, special people, wonderful places, and memorable moments in all of our lives...sometimes we just need to slow down to take it all in. and give thanks.
Sunday, September 29, 2013
A for effort?
Well, I would probably be earning a B for my "balancing work and play and life" if someone was grading me. But who's grading me? Well, no one. Except for maybe myself. And I'm working on that, too. Balancing the process of "taking stock" of how I'm doing more as a reflective exercise than as an evaluative exercise. I can sometimes (okay, lots of times) be an all-or-nothing kind of gal. Not really one of my best qualities - I admit. As a result, I'm often really hard on myself and don't give myself credit for small victories or allow myself ample transition time. So I'm trying with this new work-play schedule for this year to permit myself some detours from the straight-and-narrow path. To compromise. To allow myself to take a few steps forward and one or two back and not throw in the towel. To show myself some compassion and patience as I try to re-wire my habits, my self-talk, and my expectations for myself. Bottom line: I'm not doing half bad with this endeavor. It's not easy! But I know it's worth it. It already is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment