Sunday, September 8, 2013

yoga from a new angle

I'm loving my Sunday afternoon yoga classes.  Today was all about seeing our poses from a new angle.  Approaching them in a different way.  Breaking them down to preserve the integrity of them all.  It was all about wide-legged forward bend.  And wide-legged plow.  And wide-legged handstands.  Yes.  Handstands for all.  With assistance for most of us (me included!).  But what a great feeling to be aided into this position (except we were up on our hands, not on our elbows):

Zoe's theme today was all about taking flight...moving into new positions...leaving the ground...or choosing to stay grounded in one way and taking flight in another.  SO COOL.  I love how I always get what I need from yoga classes, even if I didn't know I was looking for it.  Today was about soaring to new places, physically and metaphorically.  A beautiful way to round out the day. 

No comments: