For those who've been along for the ride of my car as it's hit 100,000 miles and celebrated its 10 year birthday, I've finally made a decision. Repairs shall be scheduled.
A detail job shall be given to my trusty Subaru for its 10th birthday.
And I shall drive it for many more moons...or suns...or however long it has left in it.
Or until it starts acting up or leaving me stranded or making me scared or sucking so much money from my bank account that car payments seem like a more favorable option (right...it's gonna have to get bad!). But so far, there's been NONE of that...except for some routine repairs (oh, and the little incident with the deer...see there, it might be 10 years old but it has a brand new driver's side!!)...and it's paid off...really, how can I part with it? Besides, it really does make me smile. In all of its "rough around the edges"-ness and with all of its dings and scrapes and all of its imperfect glory, I feel like this car is perfect for me. Not sure what that says about me, but I'm a tad loyal when it comes to cars. Might be relatively easy for me to part with clothes from my closet...but not my car. Funny I didn't even know I loved it that much...and have never considered myself a "car" person. Guess it's about the comfort, familiarity, and some weird commitment to it. Keep on truckin' little Subaru, keep on truckin'...
2 comments:
Yaaay! I love our car. (Yours and mine.) I'm going to be so sad when it comes time to retire it.
are you kidding?? that car is IRON tough, like you!!! and it has some major deer repellent! I say you keep it.
Post a Comment