Monday, August 9, 2010

yoga Monday

Back to my usual tricks with yoga Monday...and realizing that it's been at least a year (if not a few more weeks than a year) that I've been at it. Going to yoga regularly on Mondays. Except for when I've been out of town. And I love it.
I'm not always good at it. I know, that's not a very yoga-like attitude. I'm supposed to leave all judgment at the door but when you're surrounded by human pretzels how can you not think, "Hmmm...I'm not all that good at this." I am getting better at corpse pose :)
But the cool thing for me is that I ALWAYS look forward to yoga. And not because I think one day I'm going to wake up and be amazingly flexible or strong or "good" at it. But because I feel like there's always a little "gem" in each class...a learning...a take-away...sort of like a yoga Monday party favor to thank me for showing up to the class. (And our teachers always DO thank us for showing up to class!)
Today's class was full of little messages, but the one that I cannot get out of my mind is: "Look into your heart and find something to strengthen and soften at the same time." Oooh...this I'm good at. Okay, well not so good (yet!) at the follow-through but good at finding what that thing is. Always subject to change. Subject to being replaced and renewed. But I know just the little piece of my heart that will be softened when it's strengthened...or strengthened as it's softened.

No comments: