Monday, June 27, 2011

yoga Monday (is back...at least for the summer!)

Back from two weeks of service/construction work in NM with 8 students and 2 colleagues and a yoga class was definitely in order. Mind you, a yoga class after literally two days in the car is NOT a pretty sight...but it certainly felt good. Well, in that "hurts so good" sort of way. How I have lost all muscle strength in two weeks is beyond me! I swear, swinging that hammer, chipping away at tile that has been on a floor for 42 years, hanging siding takes some sort of strength. But evidently not the sort that it takes to stay in a low lunge! And then we moved on to the hip openers. Yeah. Lizard. Frog. I literally had to get out of frog because I thought that my left leg was going to snap right off. It didn't, of course, but it sure is sharing some words with me now. The funny thing though was that lizard was amazingly better than it usually is. Your hips being tight are a lot about hanging on to things from the past...so maybe I returned from this trip exhausted, empowered, curious, reflective, and a little more present - and less in the past. But then again there was frog that reminded me that there's still a lot to release and let go of! Still, for a "yoga Monday" after two weeks of no yoga (and really no exercise), it was good way to begin the re-entry...now to the work emails. Can I go back to the yoga studio?

No comments: