...whatever you choose to call them, I have a love-hate relationship with them. LOVE them because they energize and inspire me. HATE them because my "to do" list when I get home is often monstrous, intimidating, and unrealistic. My time at Sarah Lawrence with the ACCIS group was in sync with my summer - wonderful and revealing. And also reassuring and just the right sort of gentle shove that I needed before returning to AUGUST at school. Honestly, there's nothing quite like August 1 to light a fire under me in terms of preparing for something. I feel like when August hits, school is pretty much here...and, well, it is!
But this year I get to go into it with new ideas, new reflections on schools (specifically NYU, Eugene Lang, Columbia, Barnard, Sarah Lawrence, Marist, and Fordham), new colleagues from around the country on whom I know I can call (and from whom I have a new set of resources!), and new optimism about what I can accomplish. I'm sure that I will encounter setbacks to my plans, switch around my goals, realign my ambitions with the realities of daily life, but, in general, this particular colloquium was less overwhelming and more encouraging. Or maybe that's just my frame of mind right now!
No comments:
Post a Comment