Then today in yoga, Deralyn read from a book she often reads from (and one I happen to own which makes it very convenient for me to "remember" what she said word-for-word for my blog!) and it was an entry about growth and change and how the two take time. So much for a "namaste, Zen, peaceful feeling class"...my mind is now racing. In a good way. In fact, I wouldn't want it any other way. The words are good for me to hear: "Be patient with yourself. It takes time to work out issues, to worth through things. It takes time to learn lessons. The more important the lesson, the longer the cycle to work it out and work through it. We may live in a technical age, but our souls aren't technical. They're still connected to nature... The process of change is like planting a seed and watching it grow and bloom into a flower... Each stage of the process is important... It takes time for nature to change things in to what they're becoming. It takes time for things to develop. Be patient with yourself and life. Trust the process of growth." (Melody Beattie)
Hmmm...this has never been a strong suit of mine. Of course, I'm also not in very much control
over it as nature seems to be leading the way...as I try to trust in what is to come and what already is.P.S. Speaking of nature, a ladybug has decided to take up residence in my bedroom. Makes me happy each time I look to the ceiling and see it!
No comments:
Post a Comment