Last class with Deralyn...and all by myself. Which turned out to be a good thing as we were both a tad sore. Me from my 1/2 Ironman yesterday (race report coming...I promise...still "digesting" it all). Deralyn from her 5 hours of yoga yesterday. I told her that required the same endurance as doing a 1/2 Ironman! So it was cool to get to have a "tailor-made" class throughout which we chatted and laughed some as we were unable to go deep into certain postures...and at how good it felt to end the class with our legs over our heads up against the wall. Which is, by the way, the only posture I was pretty sure I'd even be able to do today.
As usual, she left me with a little gem of a reading. And, again, I felt as if it was directed to me. I know, I was the only one in the class, so it sort of was. But she didn't know that when she chose it. It was all about spontaneity and learning to trust the moment and go with it. About living life a little less planned and a little more freely. This is something I absolutely struggle with. I'm a planner who would like to be more spontaneous. A type-A, organized, although sometimes slightly messy in my organization, person who would like the take more breaths now and then and just go with the flow. The good news is that I feel like I get opportunities to practice being more spontaneous all the time these days in my work and play...so now it's about taking a deep breath and becoming more comfortable with that! But on that note I MUST go plan AP exams...I cannot be spontaneous with those.
No comments:
Post a Comment