
So, I've ended up at Barton Springs every morning. Mostly because of late nights of working that have made getting up for 5:45 a.m. practices unthinkable. Correction. I think about it the night before and have the best plans to get up and then the alarm goes off or I don't hear the alarm and it's really just not an option! And oddly enough, contrary to the usual
ETG style, I'm okay with it. Which is a good sign that I'm taking this off-season thing seriously. And I've discovered my default mode: Barton Springs Pool. Yep. I'm 4-for-4 this week with swimming there in the a.m. Alternating between shorter swims and a longer swim. Sometimes with paddles and pull buoy. Sometimes just swimming. Never with a wetsuit (recently). And I am happy, happy, happy when I get to start my day that way. I'd head there tomorrow, too, but with the
Austin City Limits Music Festival starting up and parking diverted to another, less convenient lot, I'm going to skip it on Friday morning. Too bad. The mornings have been BEAUTIFUL at
BSP. Mist hovering over the water. Watching the sunrise after a lap or two in the dark. Starting in the charcoal gray water that becomes a green-blue that is much more inviting and certainly warmer. Okay, it's not really warmer. And it doesn't change color. But it feels warmer as the sun brightens it up! Happy days starting with the springs and a "camp" shower...even if it takes my toes 45 minutes to warm up after. (Two colleagues came into my office this morning and said, "What are you baking in here?" It took me a minute for me to get it but I then responded, "Oh, I'm not baking. I'm defrosting. Let's talk after you've been swimming in
BSP!")
1 comment:
teach me how to be brave enough to swim there in the chilly mornings!
Post a Comment