Every yoga practice we're asked to choose an intention. And usually one comes to me pretty clearly. I either feel like I need to focus on being present or letting go of something or form or breathing or something. Today: NOTHING. Literally, a total blank. Maybe that was actually an intention in and of itself - a chance to take a break, to start with a clean slate, to not worry about my intention but to just be... It was a tad unnerving. But the class was still good. And maybe that's another life lesson. I don't always have to have an intention. Even in living a purposeful life, not every moment has to be purposeful - or at least the purpose doesn't have to be obvious to me. Sometimes just being and flowing is what I need to do...and after about an hour of it, it started to feel more comfortable.
Funny, as I tried to connect this with my life, I found parallels all over the place. I have few to no real intentions when it comes to my training these days. And while sometimes that is unsettling, it's also really nice to be able to workout as the spirit moves me. And I'm excited about what that extra time will allow me to do and who it will allow me to be. And in work, I have my lists of plans and intentions but they are rarely fulfilled and I decided that I could either get completely worked up and stressed about (and I have! and probably still will!) or I could let it go a little. Still work to get my "to do" list done but also cut myself some slack in some areas...let go of the intentions so to speak. It's a really tough thing for me to so but I'm working on it. And maybe, just maybe, there will come a moment like in yoga class today where my life and mind take over and there is simply no intention to be had. And I guess when that happens, you just live. I like the thought of that.
No comments:
Post a Comment