Friday, November 4, 2011

friday quotation

If you don't love where you come from, you can't love where you are going.

From a Yogi Tea bag. Love these teas. As much for the taste as for the little sayings that are attached to each bag. Perfect Energy - Vanilla Spice was just what I needed before yoga yesterday. The words attached to it were just what I needed as I look toward a new year beginning this weekend. It's so tempting, so easy for me to look at the past and be critical of myself or my situation or the work that I did or the relationships I was in, or, or, or... I need to remember to offer myself a dose of compassion and kindness and love who I was even when I felt (and might have been) the most unloveable or unproductive or unengaged because it's all part of me. And I can't appreciate where I'm going if I can't love where I've been or who I was when I was there. Onward toward that new place of love. Hope you find your place, too. Maybe you're already there?

No comments: