Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I do love...


...daylight savings time. The extra hour of sleep on Sunday morning. The extra touch of daylight earlier in the morning. But most of all, I love the fact that it gets darker earlier. I am beckoned away from my desk by the dimming of the streetlamps that suggest that I should be at home rather than at work. I am energized to creep into a warm yoga room on a cool night. I know that others hate the fact that it gets dark earlier. But to me it represents cozy homes and the time to be in them. A slower pace and the time to enjoy it. Winter nights with a fire and some hot tea or cocoa and a reason to indulge in both of those things. Simple pleasures, yes. All in the turning back of a clock...

1 comment:

remaustin said...

Yes, I too love cozy winter evenings, fire, hot tea and cocoa.
I just think all of this should happen later than 4:30 in the afternoon!
I'm sure I'll get used to it. :)