Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

A good friend has used this as her email signature for the entire month of December and I find myself reading it time and time again as a reminder of what this season is all about. Today, I'll share it with you (at risk of being accused of posting two quotations back-to-back!):

Christmas gift suggestions: To your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect.

I have to think that's a pretty good start to creating the world that we all want to live in (or that I think we all want to live in?). Throw in a little peace on earth, kindness and compassion to a stranger, patience with everyone (especially...even...yourself), self-compassion, and the belief in new beginnings and we just might be on to something. Keep faith that there is something/someone more powerful, more loving, and wiser than all of us looking out for the best for each of us as the backdrop...and a hope and belief that the future is even brighter than the most wonderful moments in the past...and I think we just might have a chance at living life to the fullest.
And I guess that's what I have as my Christmas wish this year...full and meaningful and healthy and love-filled lives for everyone. Not just those near and dear to me, but definitely for them, too! But for the child who isn't sure where her next meal is coming from. And for the man on the corner who looks to be all alone in this world. And for the person who seems to be "rich" and yet is sad and feels "poor". And for the woman in the hospital unsure of when healing is coming. And hope, hope, hope for everyone in the world that whatever is missing in our lives is just around the corner...maybe in the form of some Christmas miracle of our very own.
Merry Christmas one and all...

No comments: