...and non-triathlon related. Because even a month from the race I can...and do...think about other things! And because my posts have been verging on "deep" lately and I wouldn't want everyone to think I'm that serious all of the time. (Not that there's anything wrong with being deep, but I'm just not all the time!)...nothing like teenagers to lighten the mood! So for today, a picture of spring on a high school campus...and what I learn from my students about life through watching them live theirs.
- students playing frisbee on the lawn during the break between AP exams...because even in the midst of stress we have to find time to play
- students asking to play a song during study hall (ummm...generally a "no no")...and a teacher not being able to say no because the song was from "Les Miserables" (the show our students are doing next fall)...yes, showtunes make us all smile
- students playing frisbee on the lawn during the break between AP exams...because even in the midst of stress we have to find time to play
- students asking to play a song during study hall (ummm...generally a "no no")...and a teacher not being able to say no because the song was from "Les Miserables" (the show our students are doing next fall)...yes, showtunes make us all smile
- a high schooler dropping his notebook on the ground and all of the papers spilling out...and four of us rushing around like fools chasing papers down in the wind (three students stopped without even having to be asked to help!)
- SAT scores that move a student to tears...that are quickly dried with a hug, a little perspective, a pep talk, and the humbling realization that this student trusts me, believes me, and finds comfort in what I'm saying
- SAT scores that move a student to tears...that are quickly dried with a hug, a little perspective, a pep talk, and the humbling realization that this student trusts me, believes me, and finds comfort in what I'm saying
- and from another school...a senior prank that involved students letting ducks run free on campus...I would have holed up in my office for fear of being pecked to death!
And some things that I've done that have made me laugh...
- happiness in discovering that you did actually pack the right shoes for the day...and the funny thought that my only other option was a pair of Crocs! (What a picture!)
- when I am on the verge of getting sick, I attack those germs with a vengeance...and it looks like 12+ packets of Emergen-C in one day (if this has some terrible lasting effect, please don't tell me...it's too late...and I know there's probably not much use after packet 3 or 4 but it makes me feel better - at least mentally!)
- and finally, I made my film debut on Wednesday night at the SAS Film Fest...and I missed it! (Didn't even remember one of my students shooting the film last fall?!)
No comments:
Post a Comment