Wednesday, May 13, 2009

catching up...

...with me. No, not a post so that you (readers...whoever you are) can get caught up with me - hopefully my daily blog helps you do that. This is a post about how "it" is all catching up with me. Not sure what "it" is exactly but it's some combination of work, training, AP exams, the end of the school year, not getting enough sleep, probably being dehydrated in spite of my best efforts, travel, etc...
I feel like this every May except for this time it's all more powerful because of my training. Would I trade that? NEVER. Seriously, this IM training has been one of the best experiences of my life. But I have to remember that I'm probably more sensitive to things because I'm more tired than usual. Not necessarily tired in the sleep sense (although a nap each day would feel wonderful). But more tired in the fatigued sense. But that's where we are in training.
We've been asking a lot of our bodies and, frankly, I have not been as good to mine as I should have been. Something good to focus on from here until June 21.
Mentally I'm in a really good place. Not freaked out. Excited and yet already a bit sad that this adventure will end. But there will be new adventures to come. Feeling the support of my teammates - both those who I train with on a daily basis and those who I barely see but who are part of T3 . We're really lifting one another up right now...and we all need it. Thank goodness for T3 - for our coaches, our workouts, and the friendships. I cannot imagine getting through this on my own. I need their voices of reason. I need their experience. I need their encouragement. I hope I say 'thank you' enough - especially when things get tough. This is when we need one another most; and yet sometimes times like this when we're tired and just plain worn out it becomes really easy to turn inward and either ignore the outstretched hands of others offering to help or fail to reach out to others who might be able to use your help. Here's to being open to both giving and receiving energy, love, and support...it's one of the best things we can do for one another.

No comments: