...but usually not when it comes to running for me. Tonight was different. I think the drop in temperature + the day off on Monday + who knows what else made for a good combo to push me through our 800 repeats at a good speed. And I felt good the whole time. Don't get me wrong, my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest at the end and there was nothing easy about my breathing, but it felt good and I felt strong. And I was consistently faster than the last time we did 800s (sometime last month) which was a pleasant surprise to me. Most surprising of all were the moments when I felt like I was literally gliding around the track. Now, I'm sure it didn't look like I was gliding and I probably sounded more like an elephant than any graceful animal running, but something felt different. And it was fun. I imagined that I might look like one of the fast guys or girls just blowing around the track. I'm sure that the reality was a little different but it made me feel good to think of that image! Nice confidence boost before we head into taper next week...
(P.S. Running with Katy Dooley is always a hoot - thanks for the laughs and for pushing me, Katy!)
No comments:
Post a Comment