Saturday, February 13, 2010

pennybacker bridge epiphany

I'm not sure whether it was the sun that was finally beating down on my back, the knowledge that Lost Creek was only about 5 miles away (on the other side of the hills of 360!!), or the realization that I still had enough juice in me to finish up this ride strong...but right about as I hit the Pennybacker Bridge on my way back from Parmer to Lost Creek off of 360, I had a little epiphany. Okay, a big epiphany. So big I almost said it out loud...or maybe I did. No one would have heard because there was no one else around. Jess and Denis were a ways ahead of me on 360 (within eyesight but not earshot) and Rhonda and Erin were somewhere behind me. So all by myself nearing the end of a 40-mile ride that started in the foggy, gray temperatures of the upper 30s and was ending with some sun in the low 40s, I has this thought: "I love riding my bike."
I know, for some of you, this is no big deal. You've loved riding your bike for a long time. But for me, it was only last year that I started liking my time on the bike. To move from being "in like" to being "in love" with riding my bike is a big step...and it happened rather quickly...and it took me by surprise...maybe since it's Valentine's Day weekend and all, love is in the air?!
(Check in with me next week to see if I'm still in love...)

No comments: