No, it's not my birthday. Certainly not my 16th birthday! And I didn't celebrate my great bike ride today with cupcakes...although that would have been fun. But I am celebrating my third week in a row (or so) of averaging 16mph on the bike. I know, this isn't super fast to most people. And it still puts me somewhere near the end of the T3 train. But it's a heck of a lot faster than where I was a little over a year ago. And it doesn't drain me like it used to. I'm doing bricks each week (between 10 and 20 minutes unless we're supposed to go longer), and I'm able to hold a steady pace without my legs feeling like they are about to fall off. Good stuff. Even though I'm still working out some hip issues (Dr. Sellers used the infamous ART tools on my hip Thursday...I shall call him Count Scrapula from now on. Ouch.) But I'm learning how to strengthen them and get greater range of motion in them so who knows where my biking might go from here...exciting. And feeling grateful for my health, teammates, coaches, and friends who have encouraged me along the way. I wouldn't get out there week after week without them.
Next bike challenge...a new seat. Some weeks mine is just fine. Other weeks it is almost as uncomfortable as the one that came with the bike. So I'll go see my friends at Jack and Adam's to see what ideas they have for me.
Awesome day overall...beautiful weather (and I got to spend at least 5 hours of it outside - what could be better?!)...great riding buddies...helpful nutrition seminar with Jess and her classmates...a little downtime (could have used a little more of this but will get to bed early)...and a leap-year baby birthday party for my friend Robyn (I can't wait to have some birthday cake!! And, yes, I can...because I rode 70 miles today and will run 15 tomorrow...cake counts as carbs, right?!)
No comments:
Post a Comment