...about lots of different things.CDA: which is exactly one week from today...and I'm imagining it as a glorious thing (without the sore throat that is currently plaguing me!)...full of highs and lows but nothing that I'm not able to overcome or soak up...feeling strong...smiling...taking in the amazingness of an IM race day...drawing in the energy from everyone and everything around me - and offering it right back to others along the way...going into the swim, bike, and run with the confidence that the last 6 months of training have brought to me and the confidence that my coaches, teammates, friends, and family have in me...
post-CDA: and some mornings of sleeping late...of exercising just as much as I want to for as long as I want to...until my body eventually tells me it's time to get back to training again...more time on the weekends to relax, get together with friends outside of training, and get things done around the house (a few projects I've been neglecting)...and of daydreaming of what the next training adventure will be...after a little time to space out.
vacation time from work: although it will be brief this year I'm really looking forward to the time away from the office...my job is AMAZING (I'm so, so fortunate to love it), but even the most amazing jobs benefit from a little break...glad to have one coming up this week and then another one next month (can't wait to see Gran, too!).
my job: and all of the possibilities that this upcoming year holds...I'm already feeling pretty ambitious about what I can accomplish - some new things on the horizon, some new hopes that we have as college counselors, some old ideas that might finally get set in motion...good stuff.
what's next: who knows what's around the next corner...and I'm not sure why I feel like I'm about to round a corner. Maybe you feel that way when you are about to get a good chunk of time back in your life. Will it stay empty? Well, maybe for a little while; but knowing me, not for very long. I'm excited to see what's next...I feel like it's going to be good, no matter what it is. Maybe it won't be all that different but I will come at it with a different attitude or a different hope or a different perspective. If it's anywhere near as good as the life I've already lived, I'll be all smiles and my heart will be full, full, full.
Happy Father's Day, Dad!!
No comments:
Post a Comment