Wednesday, June 2, 2010

yoga Wednesday

It's usually "yoga Monday" but this Monday was Memorial Day and filled with CapTex and Wilke repeats goodness. Great day to be part of the tri community here in Austin...lots of inspiration from hours of helping people out of the water and then a little exercise of my own as Jess and I tackled Wilke...times 6. Possibly my favorite moment was when a random car pulled up alongside us and said, "20 of these, okay?" I responded, "Um...not today." He laughed and offered us an encouraging "you're looking good" as he drove away.
Oh, yes, and my first SnoBeach sno-cone of the season...YUM. It was so hot on Monday that I almost broke down and got two sno-cones...but I satisfied my craving for more icy, sweet goodness later that night with a popsicle instead.
Tuesday was the beginning of summer at school. Summer hours: 9-2. I AM SPOILED. It feels like vacation even when I am going into the office each day because the pace is slower and the atmosphere is more laid back. That being said, I am still really looking forward to the days of "true" vacation that I will take this summer. Swim + core-pin (Jim's wonderful name for core class + spin class at the PTC) in the evening. It was the first time I'd driven to Lost Creek since getting my car back from the deer accident. I was going SUPER slowly down Lost Creek Blvd. (translation - probably 25 mph) with my brights on as much as I could. And I didn't really relax until I got to the pool. I'm sure that feeling will die down over time. I sure hope so. Being cautious is one thing; feeling that tense at 5:30 a.m. is another! Core-pin was awesome Tuesday night...Katy had us laughing so hard that I will claim three workouts (the two obvious ones + the one we got from cracking up at Katy's commentary throughout core). So glad she's back around!
Wednesday morning brought another swim...WITH JESS :) We finally got to claim a lane - with Tennille, too. Our legs were all fried so we were a good match for one another. Lots of fast stuff with 8 x 50 about three times during the set. Talk about getting your heart racing early in the morning.
At work I got to be part of two interviews with students where I was once again humbled and moved by their maturity, poise, accomplishments, humor, self-awareness, and sensitivity. How many people get to be inspired every day at work...and by those MUCH younger than them?! Not too many that I know. I left feeling pretty lucky and definitely in good spirits.
Spirits that were only lifted even more when I met with Dr. Sellers at Performance Wellness for one last check-in about my hip, psoas stuff and got RELEASED! WOOT! And just in good time for this little race that I have on June 27 :)
Celebrated by going to yoga...which kicked my butt, by the way...so I got to end the day with a parting inspiration from the universe (via my yoga teacher). We were reminded as we left that at any given moment we have just that - one moment, one lifetime, one breath, etc... What I heard was to live in the present, realize that our life is precious (and perhaps fleeting), and live life to the fullest. I'm not sure that's exactly what we were supposed to get out of that message, but it was my yoga moment of the day. And probably one that I can never hear enough.

No comments: