Tuesday, June 15, 2010

only triathletes and mathematicians...

...could get so worked up over numbers. But for those of us doing IMCDA in 12 days (YIKES), we now have our bib numbers. So let me introduce myself as 2330. How do I love this number? Let me count the ways...
1) it contains 3 - my favorite number! hooray!
2) okay, the first reason gets another mention because it contains two 3s!!!
3) it's almost a palindrome...okay, "almost" might not really count but I like the symmetry of this number.
4) it's divisible by 5! Thank you, Katy Dooley :)
5) and if you add the first digit to either the second or third digit you get 5!!
6) for my 1st IM, my bib number started with a 1 (#191)...so it's sort of nice that for my 2nd IM, my bib number starts with a 2. (I know this trend won't continue so I'm going with it while I can!)
And finally...it's MY number. Which is why I like it most.
Honestly, I never knew I could care about a number so much. But when you wear it all day and people refer to you by it (sometimes instead of your name), you begin to feel a certain bond to your race number. Good thing I feel like we're already friends. We've got a long day ahead of us on June 27.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Go, 2330!

I'm practicing, so I can yell that next Sunday.