What a treat today. Not the Alexander McQueen exhibit at the Met - although that was pretty fabulous, too. And over-the-top and all of that. But my excursion via the subway to the 190th Street station where I hopped off, took an elevator to street level, and found myself in the middle of a little haven in the city - Fort Tryon Park and the Cloisters. The Cloisters are part of the Met and why I am just now learning about them I have no idea! They are fabulous. Serene. Majestic. Beautiful. A real treasure. And one of those times when I was glad to have pressed on. I had a few moments of uncertainty on the subway...and then even when I got off the subway. I almost just sat in the park (which would have been lovely, too). But I pressed on and was rewarded greatly. These pictures tell the rest of the story...or part of the story.
first, there was St. Andrew in all of his glory:
1 comment:
I'm loving your updates, E!!! Thanks for sharing. :)
Post a Comment