...at least for Gran. She asked me if this picture was good and I told her that Jack would hate it because his eyes are closed, but that I hoped I looked that good at age 94! She said she even tried to smile...and it's a good smile for Gran! She also said she had about 12 phone calls before 9:00 a.m. with birthday wishes. Her exact words, "I guess when you get this old everyone figures they should wish you 'happy birthday' because they don't know many 94 year-olds." I told her I didn't think it had anything to do with her age! From flowers to lunch with Margaret and Jack to cards and care packages, she reported that she had a very full day. And you know what, Gran, YOU DESERVE ALL OF THAT LOVE! Happy birthday to the best Gran ever...oh, and we enjoyed some lemon ice in your honor at lunch today. XOXO...and many more!
just some thoughts all about the ways in which life continues to surprise me. in BIG ways and in small ways as well. reflections that remind me that we're always changing and growing...hopefully for the better! and perhaps it's also a reminder that there are some very sweet things, special people, wonderful places, and memorable moments in all of our lives...sometimes we just need to slow down to take it all in. and give thanks.
Friday, July 8, 2011
this is what 94 looks like...
...at least for Gran. She asked me if this picture was good and I told her that Jack would hate it because his eyes are closed, but that I hoped I looked that good at age 94! She said she even tried to smile...and it's a good smile for Gran! She also said she had about 12 phone calls before 9:00 a.m. with birthday wishes. Her exact words, "I guess when you get this old everyone figures they should wish you 'happy birthday' because they don't know many 94 year-olds." I told her I didn't think it had anything to do with her age! From flowers to lunch with Margaret and Jack to cards and care packages, she reported that she had a very full day. And you know what, Gran, YOU DESERVE ALL OF THAT LOVE! Happy birthday to the best Gran ever...oh, and we enjoyed some lemon ice in your honor at lunch today. XOXO...and many more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
what a beautiful picture! may we all aspire to age as gracefully as Gran!
Post a Comment