Tuesday, July 26, 2011

yoga Monday...traveling Tuesday

So in bikram on Monday I was reminded that even when I know what pose is coming next there are always surprises. Things feel different. A pose that I'm expecting to be terrible simply isn't. Another pose that I always look forward to cannot end soon enough. My take away: drop the expectations. Be open to whatever is. Just be. Why is this SO tough for me?!
And from a bench in Central Park today a poignant reminder:
So maybe this is a little easier when one is on vacation. But I think I'm going to print it when I get home and hang it above my desks (at work and in my house) because it's so simple, powerful (when you do it), and beneficial (dare I say 'necessary'?). And again, why is this SO tough for me?! The good news was that today it wasn't. I followed Linda's advice. After all, I am a rule follower at heart. And as I sat, I felt calm. And I laughed at the kids going by. And I smiled hearing the sound of the baseball bat connecting with the ball on the field in front of me. And I enjoyed the moment and soaked it up...until my stomach grumbled and I meandered toward the Thai food that I was excited about. What a lovely, lovely way to start my vacation...thank you, Linda.

No comments: