...I'm considering committing to using my TP massage roller kit every day. Last year, I committed to blogging every day. But this year I might commit to rolling out my muscles every day. We had a session on how to use this kit yesterday at the PTC (thanks Tony for the lesson and to Chris and Mo for organizing it). I've had my kit for a good year or so and was really good about using it when I had my shin splints but I've been rather lazy about it lately. However, given the pain I felt when I was rolling yesterday, I've decided I really just have to start using it again. And this "off season" is a good time to get back into it so I can go into CDA training with my muscles in good shape. Basically these (torture!) tools break up adhesions in your muscles so that you are less likely to get injured because your muscles are working properly...so your form is less likely to be compromised...so you are less likely to compensate with other muscles...so...well, you see where I'm going. It's just better for you.Ideally, one would roll twice a day but I'm really not sure that will happen. I should be able to do it once a day though...especially since Tony told us that it should take between 7 and 11 minutes. One really good thing I learned is that I was spending way too much time on one given area. Sweet! This means it won't take as long AND I don't have to sit on any one area too long...which means I will breathe a little more during these sessions! And I learned how to roll some areas the right way. And, well, that it still hurts but maybe it won't always hurt this much.
Of course, an alternative to committing to rolling every day would be to commit to having a mimosa and brunch every day with friends - thanks, girls, for a great morning! Alas, maybe some combination of the two is the way to go...but for tonight, off to roll...
No comments:
Post a Comment