Started my day with yoga which is always good...lots of stretching today...different teacher who had us in different poses. My neck is a little tight so it felt good to work some of that out. Want to be limber for this weekend!No yoga epiphanies from this morning but I love this picture/quotation that I came across yesterday. I don't know about you, but I find a great deal of comfort in the idea that I'm not alone in this world - even when I might feel that way. I'm part of something "big and important and magical". Big? Sure...the world is a big place. Important? Questionable. Magical. That would be awesome!
Some days I get a glimpse of all of that. Today was sort of one of them. Still not sure about the "important" part although I guess you could argue that my work is important. And maybe I'm important to my friends and family. Does that count? But I know I always feel part of something bigger when we have a chapel service that includes communion like we did today. And I know that when daylight savings time kicks in and we're wearing reflective vests for run practice, that time of day feels almost magical. (And bizarre today being the only girl there...that was a first! It was not a first for me to go too fast on my race pace 900m repeats. Got to get that under control for Sunday.)
So, yeah, maybe my world was big and important and magical today.
It certainly was full of lots of smiles.
And lots of sweetness (especially from Praveeta...who gave me AWESOME socks for my birthday and upcoming race).
Pretty great day to be alive.
(Oh, it doesn't hurt that it's PERFECT fall weather now...40s/50s in the morning, warming up with the sun mid-day, and dropping into the 50s/60s again when the sun sets...I LOVE FALL.)
No comments:
Post a Comment