The message seems to be coming in loud and clear to me...SLOW DOWN.Yesterday, Gran wrote to me in response to the book of my blog that I gave to her for her birthday. What she wrote cracked me up:
Dear Elizabeth,
Was just thinking of you so I thought I would send you a note to say how much I love you. Last night I read a lot of the blog book and it is so interesting. Thanks for sharing your daily activities with me. I admire your energy but don't overdo it.
This morning I looked great as I had on the blue vest you gave me for Christmas. It looks great with the black pants and white shirt that Roby brought me when he came to Birmingham to get me after Katrina. It is so easy to get sloppy so I am trying to at least stay presentable.
No news around here. Have an appointment with Bhansali on Thursday. Also have to have my pacemaker checked. Am way overdue on both. Hope Bhansali can find out why I do not have any strength or energy. He will say, "remember you are 92+."
Have a nice weekend.
All my love, Gran
This made me laugh because in the same breath she's telling me to take it easy AND wondering why she doesn't have more energy! Love her!!!
Anyway, that was Sunday.
Today, the message at yoga was also about slowing down. Deralyn read a great passage from a book that was all about figuring out what you are looking for...but then making sure that you are traveling slowly enough so that you don't miss it when you find it. Not sure I really know exactly what I'm looking for but once I figure that out I sure as heck don't want to miss it because I'm flying past it!
And then this afternoon at Praveeta's we were talking about training because I was on my way to our run workout and she said, "Are you slowing down any now that Conroe is over?" I said, "Oh, yes...just doing the workouts that I feel like doing. Staying in enough shape to begin CDA training in January with some solid base but not overdoing it. It feels nice."
I know in some people's mind I'm not slowing down but I guess it's all relative? I did take a week off of running...meaning no running at all for a week! And I only went to one practice last week - swim...on Saturday. It's nice to be flexible and more carefree. Still the opportunity for structure but not feeling any real obligations.
And that is slowing down for me.
Now for the rest of my life to slow down...yeah...maybe at Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment