...of a round of quite stellar 36th birthday celebrations - also known as "cakefest 2009". I know you think I'm exaggerating...I'm not. It takes a serious party animal like me to be able to handle this much cake and ice cream. Bring it on. (No comment from my waistline, please!)Friday - actual birthday
- flowers from Mom
- calls from family and friends
- cards from family and friends
- emails from family and friends
- presents from family and friends
- Tiff's Treats (WARM COOKIES + milk) from Amy
- birthday party with sweet work friends...complete with some of my favorite tunes, some of my favorite people, and one of my favorite birthday treats - CAKE and ICE CREAM (white cake, white icing, mint chocolate chip ice cream...YUMMY!)
Saturday - and we're off to Conroe
- Nancy and Karen greet me to whisk me off to Conroe because they are amazing Sherpas and teammates before we even get there! And Nancy has CAKE for us (chocolate cake, white icing...YUMMY!)
- dinner time rolls around and we find a great Italian restaurant and sneaky Nancy has them bring CHEESECAKE to me at the end of the meal (I showed some restraint to this delicious cinnamon flavored delight because I was racing in a few hours...)
Sunday - race day!
- Did you know that they make cake flavored Gu? KIDDING!
No cake this day...probably because I was racing for 6 hours. But that didn't stop me from having COOKIES (courtesy of Laura...YUMMY!) right after the race...and then again when I got home that night. You need to replace all of those carbs that you use up while you're racing you know.
Monday - b'day celebration with my advisees
- Most of them were gone on Friday so they wanted to celebrate my birthday on Monday. I have to celebrate another day - shucks?! And what do we celebrate with? CAKE (from Claire...white cake, white icing with a big heart on it...YUMMY!) Oh, and some cookies with pink ICING, too.
Tuesday - is spent trying to recover from the previous sugar overdoses so that I can gear up for...
Wednesday - final day of celebration...just before I have to have my insulin levels checked!
- dinner with some sweet T3 friends (and Bingo, too...see previous post...another full post will be dedicated to this slice of Americana adventure that I loved, loved, loved...) complete with BLUEBERRY PIE a la mode (oh, my gosh...I mean, really, can't this count as fruit and dairy and not dessert or cake?! Thank you, Jess, for a DELICIOUS, "I'm in heaven" treat...that I had to top off post-Bingo fun with some cookies baked by Amy (Yvonne had brought some to the dinner, too, but I managed to escape without one of hers! I'll save that treat for another time...)
And thus ends cake-fest 2009.
Until next year...or at least until my blood sugar levels return to some normal range.
No comments:
Post a Comment