
I love the smell of rosemary. It grows all over Austin quite easily - big old bushes of it that get little lavender flowers on them at different points during the year. I will nearly always reach out to touch it when I walk past and then love the way that my fingers smell.
But today, all I kept thinking about was how the fresh rosemary looked like little pine trees as I worked with it in my kitchen. How cute. And if you pull against the "needles" they just fall off and are perfectly ready to be used. Well, not really. And I knew that. I knew that I needed to crush or chop the rosemary or something, but I forgot that at the time. So now my rosemary chicken has pine needles in it. Silly girl. I actually managed to to pick out most of the rosemary as I divided the chicken into containers for my lunches this week so it will be okay, but I felt sort of dumb!
Spent about 75 minutes on the trainer this morning, took care of some business at the insurance agency, did my shopping for the week (and some cooking, too), and then managed to score a new bike seat and a new pair of running shoes this afternoon. Pulled a total "girl moment" at RunTex Riverside when the nice RunTex guy came out with my size 9 Asics Kayano boasting that it was the last size 9 that they had. I was all excited. And then I opened the box and saw a purple and gray shoe staring up at me rather than the turquoise/blue and white shoe that I'd had before. I looked at him, asked if he had the other color, and when he said that they didn't, I smiled and said, "Thanks, but I can't have a purple running shoe." At this point he looked at my purse, which is sort of a deep pink, and said, "Why not? It would sort of match your purse." I was not amused but I thanked him all the same. I know, it's a really silly thing to care what color your running shoes are, but I do. And I've never really liked purple and I need my running shoes to make me happy and the purple ones just wouldn't. However, when I ventured to the Lake Austin RunTex after my trip to Jack and Adam's I found a pair of the Kayano's in turquoise. Happy day! (And I got to use my $20 off coupon from the Run for the Water race...yeah! Every dollar saved on running shoes helps.)
Oh...my new bike saddle. I'm so excited to try it out for 26.2 miles tomorrow when I'm a bike escort for a marathon runner in the Double Decker Marathon. Jack fit me with a Serfa Tri-W2 saddle. I'll let you know what I think tomorrow...it has to be better than the one that came with the bike!
No comments:
Post a Comment