Saturday, December 13, 2008

wind...y

Man was our ride windy this morning! Our crew was small...think the T3 holiday party was a little too much fun for most of the team. There were about 9 or 10 of us out there this morning, and we set out for the Fitzhugh ride. I love this ride. It's pretty. It's challenging but not impossible. And today, it was windy. The wind was not supposed to set in until around 11:00 a.m. but by 9:30 it was so gusty that I thought I was going to fall off my bike several times. Luckily, that never happened. Shawnda, Yvonne, and I decided that we were going to go to the gas station (just shy of the turn on Fitzhugh) and then head back and do a couple of loops on South MoPac. When we saw Matt and Joe headed back our way (meaning that they'd decided not to go on to RR12), I thought to myself (well, I think I said it out loud): "You know it's bad when Matt and Joe have turned around!" Honestly, I'm sure the wind has been worse at other times but today was the worst that I've ever ridden in. Anyway, when we got back to Kiker everyone decided to call it quits - no loop on South MoPac. I have to say that I was torn. The wind was bad but I wanted to and/or felt like I should do a couple of extra loops for the miles. But I listened to Shawnda's peer pressure/sound advice: "In a couple of weeks, we won't have a choice about whether or not we're doing an extra loop. We're in winter training now, people. We can stop." Feeling like I'd let myself down a little, I packed up my bike and headed to get a breakfast taco. That and some coffee made me feel better...at least a little.

No comments: