
Every year I think I'm going to make it to the Zilker tree...and I don't. Actually I think I've really only been about twice and I've lived in Austin for 13 years. That's pathetic, but it's also what happens when you always leave town for the holidays. Well, this year, thanks to the T3 run workouts being in held in Zilker for the month of December, I will have "been to" the Zilker tree three years.
I'm using "been to" loosely since we really just ran around/near the tree in our 900 m repeats. Still, it was cool to have it lighting up the path for us and sort of fun to see other Austinites flocking to it...probably thinking that we were crazy in all of our reflective running gear! Tonight's workout was 4 of the 900 m repeats (it's about 1 loop) and then some hill repeats. We were supposed to start around a 10K pace and then get faster from there. Thanks to Liz, I did! Our times:
1) 5:00 min + 1 hill repeat
2) 4:50 + 2 hill repeats
3) 4:36 + 3 hill repeats
4) 4:18 + 3 hill repeats
Awesome! And I actually felt decent. I was determined to stick with Liz even though her stride is much longer than mine (she's just a BIG tad taller than I am!) and was super excited that I could. She always beats me up the hills but I can catch her on the flats. As she said, "You pushed me on the flats" and I replied, "Yes, because you pushed me on the hills." I think she's really faster than I am but for the moment if I can hang with her I'm happy!
Oh, and the day started with yoga. It was a pretty uneventful class (felt slower than last week), but it was a nice way to start the week...
No comments:
Post a Comment