Saturday, August 15, 2009

breakfast in bed...triathlete style

Seriously, I crack myself up sometimes. Which is always a good thing, in my opinion. I mean, if we can't laugh at ourselves then I think we're taking life way too seriously!
My giggles on Friday morning started just before 4 a.m. when I got up to get ready for my 5 a.m. run with Jess, Logan, Jerry, and John. My alarm went off at 3:45 a.m. because I like to hit snooze at least once...makes me feel like I'm getting to sleep in a little. Finally got out of bed around 4:00 a.m., stumbled to the kitchen, fixed my bowl of cereal, got some water, turned around, and headed back to bed. Hopped in bed with my bowl of cereal eating it in some sort of 1/2 awake state and suddenly found it very funny that I was eating breakfast in bed! Can't remember the last time I did that! Granted, this is not what most people think of as "breakfast in bed" but it's certainly "breakfast in bed" triathlete style. And I get to do it again tomorrow morning before Sweet and Twisted. Lucky me, breakfast in bed twice in one week. How many other people can claim that?!

No comments: