I cheated on Sno Beach today. And I feel a little bad. Amy and I are super loyal to Sno Beach and I actually couldn't have imagined going to another snow cone place in Austin, but we decided we had to try Casey's New Orleans Snowballs today. I can blame my New Orleans roots, but I also have to say that I was hoping they would have spearmint. And they did. And I must say that it was FABULOUS. Sno Beach is really missing out here with this flavor or anything like it. This shortcoming won't make me turn my back on Sno Beach (I'm not like that!), but when I'm hankering for a spearmint snow cone it is going to have to come from Casey's. Sno Beach has left me with no other option! Or maybe I'll get my fill of spearmint snow cones when I'm in New Orleans this week. Unlikely! P.S. This snow cone came after a wonderful but long morning of volunteering at Jack's Generic where T3 was all over the place and SO many first-time triathletes were flooding the course. It was exciting. I love being part of that whole scene - I love being able to be out there cheering people on or helping people get to wherever they are supposed to be or doing whatever is needed. It's a blast and incredibly rewarding. Nice work High Five Events and everyone involved in Jack's Generic...another day you should feel proud of! And congrats to all of the athletes...you were amazing as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment