Monday, August 17, 2009

looks can be deceiving

Case in point: yoga class today
New teacher...started off with lots of breathing...I thought I might get off easy today (which would have been nice since I have to admit that I'm a tad sore/tight from yesterday. That feels a little wimpy but I think what happens is that I race and then I don't stretch...silly, silly), but that was not the case. Soon enough it was downward dog and pigeon and lots of lunges in between. And lots of adjustments from the teacher which meant that I was actually coaxed into doing the poses correctly. And it hurt more when I was doing them correctly!
Anyway, always glad to start my week off this way...and to leave with yoga thoughts, like our teacher's parting words from today: "May all things, without exception, be happy." Yep. Why the heck not? Here's to happiness...and peace...and joy...and love...and all of those things. But maybe, let's just start with a little happiness for all.

No comments: