Saturday, March 6, 2010

ahhh...yes...I remember...

...what it feels like to go out for a ride, wheels down at 7 a.m. and return 5 hours later.
...what it feels like to ride a route that is hill after hill after hill...and feel a bit of awe and pride at having completed it (even if you weren't as fast as you've been the past few weeks).
...what it feels like to celebrate victories with teammates and let them help me along when I'm wondering if I can get up another hill.
...what it feels like to ride a new saddle and be sore in new places...and be trying to figure out if it's better than your old saddle because they both hurt...just differently.
...what it feels like to throw on my running shoes after my ride and hit the trail for 40 minutes.
...what it feels like to have that first "real" food after a long ride and just how good it tastes.
...what my couch feels like after a day when I was anything but a couch potato.
...what it feels like to want to go to bed at 8 p.m. - and feel like I totally earned that early bedtime.
...what it feels like to have the beginning stages of my first cold of the season...and how maybe with enough Vitamin C it won't develop into a full-blown cold.
...what it feels like to be reminded by a perfect stranger that money, good looks, marriage, kids, etc... don't make you happy.
...what it feels like to have wonderful friends...and take a moment to offer a bit of gratitude for them into the universe. (On that note, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JESS...hope it was awesome!)
...what it feels like to be a little lost and know that "this too shall pass..." and that there are lessons along the way that can only be learned by being lost.

4 comments:

Jess said...

what a day! congrats on finishing a tough ride and big brick! my post bike tacos were so good...thanks for making it such a special and wonderful birthday!

Amy said...

Ooh. I love 8pm bedtime.

You guys are so much further along in the process than I am; I'm in awe of what you're doing! Congratulations on another big, successful Ironman-prep workout, and I hope we can get together again soon!

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

As always, your spirit reminds me of why we love this so much! Congrats on an amazing training weekend.

reyacono said...

Thank you for this post. I needed it this morning. I keep forgetting, and I need more reminders.

You're the best.