...spring that is. What has me convinced of this even with the backdrop of a a pretty decent hail storm during my college counseling presentation at lunch today?- the smells of mountain laurel (a.k.a. grape kool-aid trees) along the streets of Austin
- trees all in bloom along the Town Lake running trail (not to mention the number of people out there...including some other very fine specimens of nature...but I digress...)
- the birds chirping away outside of my office (not just the grackles but the sing-song birds)...I will not go into my hope that they don't come after me every time I exit my office!
- the birds chirping away outside of my office (not just the grackles but the sing-song birds)...I will not go into my hope that they don't come after me every time I exit my office!
- days that will soon be even longer (don't forget to "spring ahead" this weekend!) but that already have more daylight hours
- the touch of humidity that has returned to the air (hmmm...I prefer cold, thank you)
- outward displays of "spring fever" here on campus
- temperatures and sunshine that beg you to roll down the windows of your car and play your favorite music...singing is optional...well, not really
- charity bike rides and the start of tri season
- everyone flocking to local outdoor establishments for happy hour or dinner outdoors because we want to take advantage of the few weeks when we can sit outside happily without the need for misters or mosquito netting! (Or hanging out on your own porch...or opening the windows of your house...)
- oh, and for us "school folks"...SPRING BREAK...just a few days away (not that we're counting)
No comments:
Post a Comment